Thursday, December 3, 2015

MAKING TIME TO WRITE

One of the biggest problems of being a working writer who has not quite “made it” is the fact that you have to make a living while you are working on that Great American Novel.  You have to keep your day job, so to speak.

So how in the world will you ever have time to write?

Start by turning off the TV and shutting down all the useless input that bombards the typical household every day.  You don’t need these electronic devices blaring when you are trying to find time to write.

Next, try to schedule  your writing—an hour per day, or even a half-hour per day will work wonders.

Writers often work early in the morning or late at night when the phone stops ringing.

The key is to decide that writing is a priority and to push other things out of the way so that you will have time to do it.

In writing the Look For Me series I have to fight to have free time in which to work.  That has always been a problem for me.  That’s one reason that I do my thinking in advance and once I start writing it comes out pretty quickly.  If I didn’t write fast, I’d never have time to get it done.


LookForMeIWillFindYou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment