Saturday, December 12, 2015

NO TV FOR ME

I don’t watch TV.  Back when they did that analog to digital switcheroo I just gave it up.

I don’t miss television at all.  Sure, sometimes someone mentions a TV show or a TV star and I give them the deer-in-the-headlights look, but those moments pass.  But all the time people waste watching television is time they will never get back.

If you really want to watch something that comes on or came on TV, you can always YouTube it.  Most of that junk is there.

If you like the news, you can get that off the internet.

The big advantage of not watching TV on a regular basis is that your mind is not irradiated into submission.  I really think people zombify if they watch too much TV.

If you want to catch a movie, go to the theater and enjoy the experience.  Movies on demand in your home theater is okay, but don’t treat the event like the typical TV watching event where it just blares while you barely pay attention.

I like well-made movies.  And I have no qualms with good stuff on TV.

But a steady diet of the box is not good for your brain.

It is better to pick up a book and use your imagination as the author leads you through a story.  Reading is a superior way to share imagery and to pose thought-provoking questions.  When you read, you become part of the story.


The Look For Me series was written like a screen play and it reads like a movie.  But it needs to end up on the silver screen not the box.  If it ends up on the box someday, I won’t get to see it.  No TV for me.

LookForMeIWillFindYou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment